In the world of data analytics, it's crucial to have secure and reliable software to process and visualize valuable data.
Unfortunately, there's a new ransomware threat called Cactus ransomware that's been causing trouble for users of Qlik Sense, a popular data analytics solution.
We want to inform you about this issue without being biased or petty, as our goal is to prioritize the safety of our customers. Here's what you need to know:
- Cactus ransomware has been actively targeting unpatched instances of Qlik Sense, taking advantage of two critical vulnerabilities: CVE-2023-41266 and CVE-2023-41265. These vulnerabilities allow unauthorized access, privilege escalation, and the execution of malicious code on backend servers.
- The attackers use sneaky tactics to infiltrate systems. They exploit the Qlik Sense Scheduler service, download tools using PowerShell and BITS, and disguise executables as Qlik files or fetch legitimate tools like AnyDesk from official sources. They also use methods like changing passwords and setting up RDP tunnels to remain undetected while gathering information and moving through the network.
- Once they've gained control, the hackers deploy the Cactus ransomware, encrypting valuable data and demanding a ransom from the victims. This double-extortion tactic puts businesses at risk not only of losing their data but also their financial stability.
How to Protect from Qlik Sense Cactus Ransomware
To protect yourself from this ransomware campaign, it's crucial to promptly upgrade your Qlik Sense software. Qlik has released security updates to address these vulnerabilities. Here are the recommended versions to ensure your system is secure:
- August 2023 Patch 2
- May 2023 Patch 6
- February 2023 Patch 10
- November 2022 Patch 12
- August 2022 Patch 14
- May 2022 Patch 16
- February 2022 Patch 15
- November 2021 Patch 17
By applying these patches, you can safeguard your system against known vulnerabilities and minimize the risk of falling victim to the Cactus ransomware campaign.
DashboardFox Security Practices
We understand the importance of maintaining trust and security in our own data analytics solution. Here are some steps we take to ensure the safety and security of our software:
- We follow secure coding practices and conduct regular code reviews to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Our development team receives ongoing training to stay updated on the latest security threats.
- We conduct regular security assessments, including penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
- We promptly release patches and updates whenever necessary to address security issues.
- We implement robust authentication and authorization mechanisms to control access to sensitive data.
- We use strong encryption algorithms to protect data both in transit and at rest.
By following these steps, we strive to ensure that our data analytics platform remains safe and secure for our customers. Your trust in our software's safety is of utmost importance to us, and we will continue investing in robust security measures to protect your valuable data assets.
For more information on the Cactus ransomware campaign and the vulnerabilities in Qlik Sense, you can refer to the following sources:
- Arctic Wolf: Cactus Ransomware Exploits Qlik Sense Vulnerabilities
- Qlik Community: Critical Vulnerability Security Updates
Remember, staying proactive about security is key in today's digital landscape. Upgrade your software, follow best practices, and remain vigilant against potential threats.
Looking for an Alternative to Qlik Sense?
If you're looking for an alternative to Qlik Sense, consider DashboardFox. It's a powerful business intelligence platform that offers some unique advantages.
One great thing about DashboardFox is that you have full control over your data. DashboardFox is self-hosted, meaning it's installed on your own server, so you don't have to worry about your data being hosted in the cloud or shared with others. Plus, you can customize the interface to match your company's look and feel.
Another cool thing is that DashboardFox is cost-effective. Instead of paying a monthly fee per user like with Qlik Sense, you make a one-time payment.
This means you can use the platform forever without any additional costs, or you can choose to pay a small annual fee for updates and support.
DashboardFox also comes with a bunch of useful features at no extra cost. You get strong security measures, a mobile-friendly interface, interactive dashboards, and the ability to schedule emails. It even integrates easily with other applications.
If you're interested in DashboardFox, their team is ready to help. You can schedule a meeting with us to learn more and see a live demo of how DashboardFox works. They're there to answer your questions and help you decide if it's the right fit for your business.
Give DashboardFox a try and see how it can revolutionize the way you use data for decision-making.